What is the MergeDocsOnline?
MergeDocsOnline is questionable browser add-on that supposedly helps you manage your travel schedules, routes, etc. It’s also considered to be a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and a browser hijacker. Developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, a known PUP developer, the hijacker will take over your browsers and set its domain as your homepage and new tabs.
It will then try to redirect you to sponsored websites so that it could generate income. That is the main goal of a hijacker, it’s not there to make your browsing experience better. If you do not remember downloading it from the official site, which is likely, you probably got it via free software bundles. From now on, you need to be more careful about how you install free programs because you allowed the hijacker to enter yourself. And in the meantime, uninstall MergeDocsOnline.
How does MergeDocsOnline get on my computer?
There is a possibility that you obtained the add-on yourself, though why you would do that is a mystery. If that is not the case, then you must have recently installed free software. It could have been added to freeware as an additional item and because you did not notice it, the hijacker was allowed to install. If you want to avoid these unpleasant installations, make sure to always choose Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware. They will show you what has been added and you will be allowed to deselect everything. Make sure you uncheck all the boxes and do not let any attached offers enter your computer because unchecking a few boxes is much easier than it would be to remove MergeDocsOnline or something akin. They are not visible in Default settings, so do not use it.
How to fix all what MergeDocsOnline did?
Despite all these circumstances we recommend you to delete Virus, MergeDocsOnline immediately. You can do it without efforts with special tool – Anti-Malware by GridinSoft.
What advantages has Anti-Malware compared with other software?
- Anti-Malwarefinds all threats, that present on PC;
- Anti-Malware deactivates all viruses and other malicious software effectively;
- Anti-Malware is easy to use;
- The possibility of using the trial version of Anti-Malware free of charge.
More information about Anti-Malware and its advantages you can receive on our website on the page ABOUT US.
How to delete MergeDocsOnline virus completely?
If you want to delete MergeDocsOnline virus with Gridinsoft Anti-Malware, you need to do some manipulations. There are several steps how to remove MergeDocsOnline virus. Let’s consider them:
At first, you need to download >Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. For this, press the following button:
Then discover MergeDocsOnline virus and all other threats, which penetrated on your PC. For this, you need to scan PC:
- Install and run Anti-Malware
- Move on the tab ‘Scan’ in the main menu.
- Start scanning process by pressing the button ‘Quick scan’.
- Wait until the program scans
- Select ‘Move to quarantine’ and press the apply button.
- The program will remove all viruses
- On this step you need to shut down all your browsers, click on ‘Tools’ in Gridinsoft Anti-Malware’s window and select ‘Reset browser settings’:
- You will see successful finisfing process
After all this operations you need to restart your PC to activate appropriate settings. After completing these steps, your computer will be fully devoid of virus and other malware. To verify this, you can start a re-scan.
Instruction to avoid a re-infection PC by MergeDocsOnline.com virus
You can organize a protection for PC in real-time. It helps you to avoid a re-infection by virus. You can do it by using our special tool – Gridinsoft Anti-Malware. To understand that this software is very convenient for you, download a free version of Gridinsoft Anti-Malware:
After that, activate a feature of the On-Run Protection. For this you need to do such actions:
- Open the window of Gridinsoft Anti-Malware.
- Move on the tab ‘Protect’.
- Activate On-Run Protection by clicking the button ‘Start’.
After all this manipulations you’ll see such result:
- Open the ‘Update’ tab and check the newest updates
- At the end on the ‘Scan’ tab choose the Full scan of your system.